Wednesday 7 October 2015

First Group Skype Session - October 6th

I had my first group Skype Session hosted by Adesola yesterday which  was a great chance to talk through ideas and queries we had.

We all took different things from the chat and what I found most useful was the chance to actually voice opinions and worries that we all had.  For me, I sometimes need reassurance that what I am doing is actually the right thing, so this was really important for me that we all connected and my thoughts were clarified.

We discussed that it is really crucial that we all connect, as this is different from a university where you see all your classmates everyday and talk through tasks, ideas etc in person.  This links back to my point in my previous blog about connection being a human right.  Well, in this case I think we need to connect and share if we want to gain from this degree!

We also briefly spoke about the length of our blog posts and if they should be formal or informal.  We came to the conclusion that its better to be varied and mix it up.  I feel my blog posts have been quite long so I will keep in mind doing shorter less formal blogposts in future.




5 comments:

  1. Hi Sophie! I find your blog really useful and like the ideas on your different posts that you have discussed. I agree I think it's important we all try and connect and comment on each others blogs or speak through Skype as much as possible in order to get ideas and inspiration. I read your Skype blog post as I couldn't make the Skype due to work and this has been helpful as I was starting to panic I was writing to much in my blog posts but I have looked at other peoples and it is very varied so I'm glad this was discussed with Adesola too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Sophie,

    Its been great reading through your blog, Im currently taking an extras module before module 1, I have found your post very helpful and a great insight to what module 1 is all about.

    Thanks for posting this about the group Skype chat, I unfortunately couldn't make it last min. Great to know what you spoke about so Thank-You

    Lois :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Really glad the blog has helped you :) Im sure we will speak soon

      Sophie

      Delete
    2. Really glad the blog has helped you :) Im sure we will speak soon

      Sophie

      Delete
  3. Yeah thanks for that too sophie as I also missed the Skype session. :)

    ReplyDelete