Monday 4 April 2016

A busy and productive week!

Last week, I was on my Level 1 Pre school Gymnastics course.  I really enjoyed this course and really feel that Pre School teaching is where my heart lies. 

On the first day we covered ethics which definitely consolidated my knowledge and gave me a few new points I hadn't thought of before. 


Creating positive and appropriate relationships. 

You have to gain the respect of your students. No matter how old they are. If I am teaching pre school children I will be actively involved in their class. There is no point just telling them what to do as to them you are their idol and they look up to you. With older children, you need their trust, especially as I am an Acro teacher I will be supporting these children to do new moves so they need to know they are safe in your hands. 



Good personal behaviour.

I think this covers everything from the way you dress to the way you act. I remember one dance session I decided not to wear any make up and a few kids commented how I looked really tired and 'have you just got out of bed?!' My point is kids don't miss anything! Try to be consistent! 

I think that when it comes to teaching ethics is just a way of life. You need to be setting an example all the time. 

1 comment:

  1. yes - professional attributes - a way of life = teaching ethics

    ReplyDelete