Tuesday 29 September 2015

Personal Profile

As I mentioned I come from Inverness in the Highlands of Scotland.  A totally different scene to my years studying in Cambridge and regularly visiting London. I am 22 years old and love to keep a positive mental attitude :)

 My housemate Becky and I when she came to visit my hometown :)
Becky, Tilly and I in Cambridge exploring the university grounds in our first few weeks of college :)

Prior to my Bodyworks training I attended MGA Academy of Performing Arts in Edinburgh and obtained my HNC in Musical Theatre.  Growing up I really was a gymnast at heart and it wasn't until I was about 12 years old that I started to take dancing a bit more seriously alongside my gymnastics training. I don't regret this, Gymnastics gave me such a strong foundation and I think it definitely contributed to the Dance and Drama Award I received to go to Bodyworks College.  The bad side of my gymnastics background is that Ballet was a struggle for the first few months of college.  So many bad habits!

At the moment, I am teaching for my local Musical Theatre School, Performers UK and take my own 'Tricks and Tumbles' classes.  I recently worked at Drayton Manor Theme Park as a Childrens Presenter and Dancer in the 'Rory Show' which I loved.  

 I love my Tricks and Tumbles class and feel I have a lot to pass on from my Gymnastics and Dance training.
Teaching is a big passion of mine.


Performing at Drayton Manor Theme Park.  So much fun :)

As much as I love teaching, I want to perform as well.  As soon as i've saved up enough money I can't wait to get back down to London to experience auditions and see old friends.




A 2014 highlight.  Performing in the Commonwealth Games in Glasgow.  Carrying a giant Tunnocks Teacake!



No comments:

Post a Comment